Best bitcoin casinos
Top Casinos | Expert Reviews | Best Bonuses
With so many bitcoin casinos around in 2020, finding the best one for you can be difficult. So, to help you on your way to playing the best crypto games for you, we’ve done the hard work and picked out our favourites.
We’ve looked at the best games, the biggest BTC bonuses, as well as the best customer service and trustworthy offerings. All so you don’t have to.
Our team at Crypto Gambling News has years of expertise in online and crypto gambling. We have played at and reviewed hundreds of fiat, crypto and blockchain casinos in our time. So, you know that our opinions are fair, knowledgeable, comparative and the best way to lead you to your crypto millions!
Where to play
Why gamble with bitcoin?
Many traditional casinos have earned a bad reputation in recent years by putting their own wants first, far ahead of the players. In essence, players are getting a bad deal with fiat casinos. Too often they challenge big wins that don’t suit them. They pay winnings out slowly, sometimes over days. And they ask for intrusive information about your background that they simply don’t need.
Bitcoin’s rising popularity over the last five years has brought about a new era of online crypto casinos using bitcoin (BTC). These use its decentralised, global nature, superior transaction speeds and improved security. This combines to offer the player something more from their casino experience. Today, the best bitcoin casinos not only match the best cash casinos, but are leading the way in how an online casino should look.
What’s better about bitcoin gambling?
Bitcoin is both a token and a protocol. The token, a snippet of code that represents ownership of a digital asset, is what you gamble with.
This is based on the protocol, a distributed network that maintains the ‘spreadsheet’ behind the scenes about the balances of these tokens and who owns them.
Running in this way, payments can be sent between users, players or casinos without passing through third-parties. These include payment providers, governmental organisations or banks. Bitcoin can’t be reprinted to devalue it. So you know that it’s always worth what the market thinks it’s worth. And at the moment, that’s a lot of US dollars.
Advantages of bitcoin gambling?
When it comes to gambling, bitcoin casinos accepting bitcoin as a payment and gambling token offer you multiple advantages:
- Privacy. On sign-up, KYC (know your customer) demands by traditional casinos are long and unnecessary. With bitcoin casinos, these are far shorter and don’t require the same amount of heavy detail. Some BTC casinos even allow you to play completely anonymously. While the majority just require the information required to interact with you and send you casino news and information about bonuses and campaigns.
- Speed. Crypto payments are much quicker than fiat payment methods, such as credit and debit cards. These use expensive payment gateways and middlemen that bump up the cost which is often put directly onto the player. If you’ve won big, why should you wait for the operator, or even the bank, to tell you when you can have your prize returned? Bitcoin casinos and the benefits of the decentralised token mean you can deposit, play and withdraw with BTC in seconds or minutes, not the three to five days you might see at other online casinos.
- Security. Your cryptocurrency is not held in a casino wallet where you must trust that the operator has control over it and are not using it for their own purposes. Bitcoin casinos often play directly from your own bitcoin wallet, so provided you take the right precautions, your crypto is safe.
- Better odds. Most traditional casinos have massive operations with hundreds or thousands of staff at an expensive global network of offices, and ongoing payments to suppliers. This means they require significant margins to keep them in the black and ensure they can continue in business. The downside of this is that they can offer games with low paybacks and stingy odds which favour the house too much. Bitcoin casinos are much lighter operationally with various departments redundant with the use of bitcoin and its lower transaction fees. For the player, they are more likely to offer games with tiny house margins, giving you a better chance of hitting the bitcoin jackpot.
Latest bitcoin casino bonuses (updated for summer 2020)
Bitcasino is the ultimate when it comes to bitcoin casino gaming. It was one of the first and remains one of the best. With games from the best studios in the world, an unrivalled user experience and a Loyalty Club that takes BTC bonuses to the next level. This premium casino you must check out.
The casino accepts a multitude of cryptocurrencies, including ETH, TRX and XRP. This means you can deposit, play and withdraw your winnings almost instantly. On top of this, you get full peace of mind that this is one of the most respected cryptocurrency casinos around. So, less time waiting and more time playing a huge variety of slots, table games, live dealer streams and first-rate sportsbook.
FortuneJack delivers one of the most well-rounded crypto casino experiences on the market. Taking a huge array of cryptocurrencies as deposit methods, you’ll be missing out if you haven’t signed up. Take advantage of its BTC bonuses immediately.
Its casino operation is first class, with leading developers such as Play’n GO and NetEnt bulking up a huge games portfolio. Meanwhile, its provably fair technology and sportsbook add to the full casino experience.
If it’s quality crypto gaming you’re looking for, try FortuneJack’s generous BTC welcome pack now.
1xBit has been a pioneer in the crypto casino space since its inception. Since, it has been bringing together a massive collection of games to play with bitcoin. Uniquely, it allows you to play four games simultaneously, quadrupling your bitcoin gambling fun. And maybe your winnings.
Along with 20 other cryptocurrencies, bitcoin is accepted and welcomed, and deposits and withdrawals couldn’t be any easier and faster. So, whether you like to play premium slots, challenge live dealers, punt on sports, or try one of its in-house games, 1xBit will have something for you.
7BitCasino takes from the traditional casino world and adds all the benefits of bitcoin. Offering cash payment options via the likes of Visa, Skrill and Mastercard, as well as numerous cryptocurrency options such as BTC ETH, and even Dogecoin, you’ll be able to sample their highly-rated gaming content without any stress.
This premium casino offers fan-favourite features such as Daily Cashback and Reload Mondays, ensuring you’ll make the most of your bitcoin deposits and minimise any losses with generous paybacks.
And if English isn’t your native tongue, with German, Russian and French websites on offer and customer service options in all, you’ll likely be covered.
mBitCasino is on a par with any crypto casino out there. It’s massive range of slots, table games and live dealer streams delivers continuous content, but its promotions and bonuses are where it really shines.
At time of writing, mBitCasino had eight separate promotions, with cash drops, reloads, BTC deposit bonuses and cashback all available, ensuring you’ll get the ultimate value from your crypto. Along with an excellent VIP program and social features to bring the community together, this casino is up there with the best.
With so many offers, it’s hard to lose out. So sign up to mBit Casino today and get playing.
One of the most popular bitcoin casinos around, the award-winning BitStarz boasts a licence and 2,000+ quality slots, table games and bitcoin-specific games suited to those wanting something a bit different from their casinos.
Alongside numerous crypto deposit options, including Litecoin and Ethereum, Mastercard and Skrill are also accepted, so if you’re out of bitcoin, no worries.
Go for BitStarz bitcoin bonus bonanza and turn your crypto into something bigger.
Licensed bitcoin casino Cloudbet looks the part and plays the part. With the usual array of slots and table games complemented with a premium sportsbook offering and live casino lobby, there’ll be something for all players, and that’s before we get to bonuses.
It currently offers one of the biggest sign-up offers, with 5BTC available on registration. While its VIP Bitcoin Club delivers high rollers and big winners numerous other benefits and crypto prizes.
How to get started with bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the most well-known and popular of all cryptocurrencies. Therefore, acquiring it and finding information on how to use it is straightforward. Firstly, you need to find a bitcoin exchange – a place where fiat currency or cryptocurrency can be traded in for BTC. There are a lot of reputable ones which will all offer bitcoin services, so use the one you favour, or check out this list.
Next, you’ll need a cryptocurrency wallet where you can store your BTC safely and securely. You can keep it in the exchange you bought it from. This is usually fine for the short term. But we’d recommend taking it to your own personal wallet for the long term. Remember, it is nice to have full control.
Once, you’ve exchanged for bitcoin or bought it via a card payment, you can head over to the BTC casino. Pick where you want to play at and go through their fast registration process. Our list above should help!
In 2020, cryptocurrencies are often commonly available from the casino itself too. This means that you don’t need to go through extra steps to buy bitcoin. In fact, you can do so just before you start playing. Just make sure you check out the casino’s reputation and do your due diligence before you hand over any payment information.
How to choose the right BTC casino?
You’re in the right place. The best bitcoin casinos are all on our lists so you’re already halfway there. However, we understand that every player has different preferences. So here’s what you should look out for when finding the right casino for you:
- What sort of games does it have? Bitcoin casinos can often have upwards of 2,000 titles on their sites. This will predominantly cover slots and table games, such as roulette, blackjack and baccarat, for example. So you need to look for what games you like and which casinos offer them. Some BTC casinos offer more traditional titles with games from high-end developers like Play’n GO, NetEnt and Yggdrasil. Meanwhile, others may lean towards more recent additions, such as crypto favourites like dice games and instant win titles. What’s key is that they have a good array of games. But also that they are of a high quality to keep you coming back for more.
- What are the bonuses like? Bonuses can be secondary to games but they’re always required to give the best casino experience. Players want value for money and the best bitcoin casinos will offer you a variety of promotions. We love crypto cashbacks, reloads, free spins and jackpots to max out your gambling potential. Welcome packages are where BTC casinos put their money where their mouth is. Look out for those that offer big crypto deposit bonuses and free bitcoin at sign-up, with the lowest possible wagering requirements.
What else to look out for with Bitcoin casinos
- What extras are there? Yes, you’re here for the casino games but you might want to try something different every now and then. Luckily, many of the biggest crypto casinos will offer other gaming verticals for you to mix it up with. These might include bitcoin sports betting, bitcoin virtuals, esports betting, live dealers or staking options.
- What’s the community like? Some bitcoin casinos have thousands of players on-site every day. This adds an extra dimension to the gambling experience. The best operators will offer chat functions where you can boast about your big bitcoin wins, talk about your favourite titles or even challenge players to head-to-head games. The bigger the community, the more fun you’ll likely have. Even though you’re gambling at your laptop on your own, you’ll know you’re part of something bigger.
- Is bitcoin the only cryptocurrency accepted? Bitcoin will be accepted at all major crypto casinos. However, an increasing number are branching out to accept other favoured cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum’s Ether (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), EOS (EOS). A few are even offering cash alternatives in some cases. This means that if you’ve run out of bitcoin, for example, you can still get back to gambling. Just pick another accepted currency, and enjoy the seamless casino experience.
- What’s the casino’s reputation? Always make sure you look around a casino before you start playing it, although the ones we recommend are certainly all reputable. If a casino looks smart, has good customer support, a variety of games from respected suppliers and a well-regarded casino licence, it’s highly likely that you can play there safely. Should something feel a bit fishy though, check out bitcoin and cryptocurrency gambling forums and see what others have said. You definitely don’t want to be the victim of an exit scam at a knock-off casino.
How to find the best bitcoin bonuses?
You might wonder what the best way to bag the best bitcoin bonuses is and how to max out their value. Well, this is fairly simple, just look for the ones with the simplest conditions and lowest wagering requirements.
Headline numbers of mega jackpots and 10’s of bitcoins can be enticing. But if they’re next to impossible to get your hands on, what’s the point? So follow our lead and we’ll put you in the right direction of the best bitcoin bonuses around. We recommend the ones that are easy to achieve with easily understood rules. You’ll be winning bitcoin for a few rolls of the dice or spins of the wheel in no time – we hope!
When it comes to bitcoin deposit bonuses and welcome packages, usually, you’d be expected to roll over a deposit or bitcoin bonus amount around 30 times. But it varies either side of this number. When hunting for a bonus, make sure you’re happy with the risk-reward ratio. And remember the possibility that spinning through the requirements could lose you your bitcoin.
These are not the only types of bonus out there. BTC casinos will offer others such as free spins, leaderboards, bitcoin cashback, bitcoin airdrops and other unique ways to give you the most value from your bitcoin deposit. Following our guidelines, you’ll be able to make the most of your bitcoin, however much it is, and turn it into something much bigger.
Can bitcoin casinos be trusted?
As in all online transactions and in most walks of life, players should always do their own due diligence. In our experience though, and having come to know many of the teams behind the biggest bitcoin and cryptocurrency casinos, we would argue that the majority can be trusted.
With bitcoin popularity going through the roof in recent years, a surge of competition has happened in the bitcoin casino market, meaning better quality casinos with better technology and best practice financial and customer service approaches.
Many bitcoin casinos have also attained gaming licences from reputable bodies such as Curacao and the Isle of Man. What this means is that they are bound legally to operate in a fair, compliant manner. This is great, as it protects players as the main goal.
Exit scams, dodgy odds and counterfeit games are still out there in the bitcoin casino world. Just as they are in traditional igaming. So we urge you to check for licences, find casinos with transparent teams, look at community feedback, and read through reviews. Do this and you can have full peace of mind that your casino can be trusted and that your gaming experience is as it should be.
Is gambling with bitcoin legal?
Bitcoin gambling is legal, on the most part. It depends on where you are gambling from and that country’s attitude towards online gambling and cryptocurrency. The majority of countries have defined their gambling legislation. But many are yet to rule over blockchain and cryptocurrency in any in-depth manner, so there can be a grey area.
In our experience, if your country has laws that allow for online gambling in a traditional capacity, then you’re likely to be fine gambling with bitcoin. If you country outlaws online gambling or cryptocurrency usage, then you should steer clear. Above all, do more research until you’re sure of your position.
Fortunately, regulation in gambling and cryptocurrency is clearing up, so over time, knowing whether you’re eligible to play at the best bitcoin casinos will be straightforward.
It’s also worth noting that the better, more reputable casinos will alert players should they be playing from a black-listed, or banned, country, and will ban them from playing on their real money sites. So, if you’re geo-blocked, it’s likely for a good reason and in that case, stay patient until it’s legalised.