Binance adds UNI tokens 90 minutes after going live

UNI is an interesting asset and it definitely focuses on the long-term. UNI tokens will be distributed over the next four years with 15 per cent being available immediately for historic users who can claim today.

Overall, 60 per cent of all tokens will go to community members while the other 40 per cent will be held by investors and team members as well as advisors.

The tokens will have a vesting period of up to four years. In doing so, Uniswap wants to make sure that it’s community-focused and offers enough grassroots control to participants.

Here is what the official statement said:

“The introduction of UNI (ERC-20) serves this purpose, enabling shared community ownership and a vibrant, diverse, and dedicated governance system, which will actively guide the protocol towards the future.”

Liquidity mining is going to go live on Friday, September 18 and it will last until November 17. However, the community should know that Uniswap’s treasury won’t be mobilised until October 17.

The team also said that they would have no involvement in V2 protocol development and will avoid participating directly in governance for the foreseeable future.

Some criticism has been directed at Binance recently. Specifically, Binance listed SUSHI, a Uniswap clone token, and that helped the anonymous founder turn a quick $14million profit.

If you just want to enjoy some blockchain gaming, though, you need neither SUSHI nor UNI. Instead, you can simply opt for one of the recommended casino brands we have to offer, including Bitcasino.io, 1xBit, and FortuneJack, to name a few.

Looking for your next crypto casino? Check out: Bitcasino, 1xBit or FortuneJack.

Written by David

Co-founder

David is co-founder of CryptoGamblingNews.com, and has worked in the crypto gambling space since 2015.

Similar News

New phase in Dubai Metaverse Strategy approved

28/11/2022|18:00

Dubai’s Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has approved the next phase in the Dubai Metaverse Strategy, bringing...